Sunday, January 04, 2009

Scribo-Meme

I have been memed by both Adaddinsane and Lucy.  It's only the Fourth Day of the New Year and we're on Meme Number One already. It's gonna be a busy year, folks. Here goes:

When it comes to writing, what do you know you're good at, and what aspect of writing are you worst at? (Procrastination is not permitted as either part of the answer.)

In all reality, I find this quite hard to answer, and I have had to really think about it! But here goes...

Generally, I think I am pretty sound at sniffing out a decent premise, plot and creating a solid arena. Researching and creating the whole What, Where, Who, How and When is damn great fun, in my opinion, and therefore, I also love creating characters and their reasoning. Whether I pull that off is another thing - so this aspect lies in both the good and bad camps!  

Stuff I'm not too hot on?  Well, I'll probably be able to divulge far more after my initial script development meeting next week, but I used to have major structural issues with my features, although I *think* I have managed to get better at that with practice and better planning. I also hope I have got better at rounding the raggedy edges of my characters but there's still always going to be room for improvement - ad finitum. However, I still find myself shuffling into the dangers of expositional verbosity at times...especially my thriller stuff, for some reason. There is always SO much to reveal of the past in order to piece together the future. Yes, yes, yes. Show: don't tell...I know. I know.

Anyway, that's it from me. I duly tag Oli, Piers, Phillip and Steve - oh, and while you're here, lads, answer my previous post question if you have a couple of minutes! It has become quite interesting. Cheers! Enjoy.

Ta-ra & Onwards.

1 comment: