Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Musical Chairs

I was recently-ish tagged by the lovely Lianne and delicious Dog.  

The rules are: "List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to".

Well I have two seconds spare, so here's my top seven:
  1. California Soul (Marlena Shaw) - I just love this song.  One I will never tire of, it has an intangible warmth that belongs to the sands of Malibu.
  2. Shot You Down (Audio Bullys) - great when you're on the cross trainer in the gym...
  3. Like Toy Soldiers (Eminem) - jus' like it, right? You got a problem with that, bro'? ;)
  4. In Taberna: In Taberna Quando Sumus (Orff/Carmina Burana) - kicks.  Just when you think you know where it's going, it doesn't.
  5. Cloudbusting (Kate Bush) - an eternal fav. Now and again when it rains, I put this on, stare out the window and h-o-p-e.
  6. Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad? (Moby)  - just beaut.  Like a little girl's first pair of pale pink ballet slippers.
  7. First It Giveth (Queens of the Stone Age) - the syncopation does it for me every time.
Oh my, I really could go on and on and on.  I have so many 'seasonals', 'emotive boxes' and 'forever favourites' - perhaps I should knock up a list of my own and start meme-ing y'all out there...mmmmm, I'm off to think about that.

In the meantime - I think everyone in cyberland has been tagged already with this one so I won't re-tag. However, if you haven't been 'done' by this one, then please consider yourself well and truly tagged.

I'll be returning with another meme soon. Perhaps. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment