Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Working Girl

I'm beginning to believe I live a very surreal life.  Scrub that.  I do live a very surreal life.  Take the previous day as an example.  

In the last 24 hours I have interviewed Kris Marshall, Robert Webb, Ella Smith, Neil LaButeJoanna Page (I also competed with her for oxygen stakes due to similar high levels of hyperactivity), chatted to Alison Steadman, Gok Wan, Ruth Jones & Mackenzie Crook to name but a few, nodded a 'smiley nod' or two to the very kind paps who let me stick my microphone into their pics, arrived home in one piece, managed around 4 solid hours' sleep, then proceeded to wipe/pick weetabix/scrambled egg/bread/milk off my clothes/out of my hair at various intervals, moments of which were also interspersed with changing nappies and cleaning up fur balls.  Confused?  Hell, I hardly know where I'm at these days, let alone you.

Let me explain.  It's all down to my new 'job' - at least the interviews and chats are, not necessarily the food/nappy/fur ball stuff which are all down to The Kid and Cat respectively - at least I think it was in that order.  I digress.  Anyway, I am now presenting & interviewing for Theatre 24/7, an online theatre channel who cover previews/premieres of West End musicals and plays.  

So, after 'Marguerite' last week, last night was the turn of 'Fat Pig', written and directed by Neil LaBute and the second in his trilogy of plays.  There was certainly a clutch of hardcore crits there last night so I'm sure the reviews will be going to press soon (if not already).  Personally I really enjoyed the show - funny but uncomfortable, self-conscious but brazen - however, I'm not the critic here, just the talky girl. All I'll say is go see it for some terrific writing and classic performances.

And on that note, I'm now going to put in a classic performance of a person sleeping heavily. Not like a baby, I'll add - whoever coined that phrase should be shot.  Or given a baby to look after for a night or so.

Until next time.


4 comments:

  1. Yay! I bet you are great! Where can we see/hear you????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pots! I am going to try and get the player on my site, but failing that you can go to www.theatre247.tv (or follow the link in the original post) and select "Fat Pig" and "Marguerite". Blink and you'll miss me but it's me doing all the interviews as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooooh!

    just watched and you are BRILLIANT!

    Even in the bits we can't hear or see you I can tell you are amazing cos the interviewees are so open with you.

    I bet it takes a day to come down after all that celebrity whirlwindness!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pots! The night was a total blast & everyone was just so lovely. x

    ReplyDelete