Saturday, May 19, 2007

Oh, where to go, what to do...

"I love deadlines. I especially love the swooshing sound they make as they go flying by" Douglas Adams.

For those of you London-tied and not able to make "The Long Distance Screen Writer" course (Edinburgh, 9th June) run by the brilliant Adrian Mead, or are not attending Christopher Vogler's "The Writer's Journey" (9th & 10th June, run by Raindance), those nice folks at Living Spirit (Ealing Studios) are running a one day masterclass entitled "Making it in Hollywood" (10th June) aimed at directors, producers and writers. They are also chucking in a FREE copy of "The Guerilla Film Makers Hollywood Handbook" (worth £30) if you book and pay by this Sunday (20th).

If you aren't sure about this course or if you are just curious, Living Spirit are sending a free pdf interview with British Producer Jeremy Bolt to those who email a request to office*at*livingspirit*dot*com

If, like me you can't make any of these courses because...
a) they are all taking place on the same weekend, and
b) one of those days just happens to be the day on which your baby is due

...then just sulk.

Me and Red Pen are off to do some serious damage in shortscriptland. Have a great weekend all.

2 comments:

  1. Not going to Edinburgh just because your baby is due is frankly a piss poor excuse in my book. I'd had Lilirose by 8.40am on May 12th last year, cooked a four course meal in celebration then jogged the 15 miles to the pub to wet the baby's head. You Southerners are so soft! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, I totally agree. A terrible excuse. However, I should explain:

    I intend to give birth, get out of the hospital as quickly as possible, whack some expressed milk into a bottle for the Glenster to feed Jnr, head off to the gym for my first 2 hour postnatal session with my personal trainer, drop by the supermarket to buy some goodies for the dinner I will be cooking/drinking, make/drink dinner, feed Jnr, and then head back to the hospital to redecorate the grey delivery suite with a more cheerful palate and remove all traces of MRSA in the building with my tongue.

    I'm actually Scottish, not a Sassenach, Southern or otherwise, and we do it well hard. ;)

    ReplyDelete